This was a really hard question to answer. I read many, many good books that compete to be the best book I read in 2013, or just my favorite book. But overall, I think Eragon was the best book I read in 2013. It's a fantasy book about a boy in a magical land who comes across a dragon egg, the egg of a dying race. There is only one other dragon in the land and it belongs to an evil leader of the "Empire," which is like the government of the land. When the Empire finds out about the dragon, they will stop at nothing to get their hands on Eragon and his dragon, Saphira.
There are many reasons I chose this book over all of the other books I read in 2013. First off, fantasy is my favorite genre, which is the only thing you could call this book. I enjoy reading things that are considered "otherworldly," which this book definitely is. Also, I love mythical creatures and magic, which you can't have without each other. I always found it amazing what other people could come up with in their minds, that uses characters like humans, but puts them in a totally different environment then we're used to seeing them in. That's one reason I chose Eragon to be my favorite book of 2013.
Secondly, it still has humor, which not all fantasy books do. Even though this book is during war and a time of evil, there is still a fair share of humor in this book. I think without this touch of humor, the book would be all doom and gloom, which I find always makes rather boring or uninteresting books. The topic needs to be changed once in a while, even if its just every 50 pages. Books that only compose of one thing tend to repeat themselves a lot, which after a while becomes boring. That's another reason I like Eragon.
My third and final reason for choosing Eragon is that there is lots of character development, and not just in the main character. Eragon becomes much wiser than his childish self he is at the beginning of the series. Also, it forces him to look at the world in a different perspective, which is interesting. Later in the series, it starts to show you the book from Roran's (Eragon's cousin) perspective. Roran also shows lots of character change and also, just like Eragon, becomes wiser. Those are my three reasons for saying Eragon was the best book I read in 2013.
That's my favorite book I read in 2013. What was your favorite book you read in 2013? And why?
No comments:
Post a Comment