Tuesday, November 26, 2013

     My reading inquiry was "what things do you notice (book or real life) that motivate and cause people to do good things? I got two examples, two from real life and two from my books. Here they are.
     First of all, the ones from real life. One of my examples is when someone holds the door for you, you are more likely to hold the door for someone else, even if it's hours later. I notice it in my family and in other people. My next observation is that when you see a video about a charity, you are more likely to feel emotionaly attached to the cause for the charity. It has always been true for me, and whenever I see one of these videos in class. Those are my two observations from real life.
     Now, my observations from my books. My first one is from Eragon. When Brom dies, Eragon feels motivated to fullfill Brom's dream of the Galbatorix being brought out of power. My next observation is from the Hunger Games. My observation for this is that when someone sees a loved one struggling, they're more likely to help them if they need help then if they weren't someone they loved. Peeta gives Katniss bread when she is young because she is starving. Those are my two book observations.
     Lastly, mixing the two. It seems like all of these things have to do with human nature. When someone you know dies, you're more likely to feel that you have to help the cause the person wanted to be done. Same with all the others. Seeing seems to trigger something in humans that compel us to do good. That's what I noticed.
      Thats what I found during this reading inquiry. Lots of good has to do with the human nature, not always just decency of one specific person. Thats how I think others motivate people, in books or movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment